The holidays can certainly be a stressful time of year. The added layer of activities and responsibilities take up a lot of time, money, and, especially, emotional energy. This year is particularly difficult because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends you do what is best for your health and the health of your loved ones when it comes to travel and family gatherings.
Taking time to focus on maintaining your mental health over the next few weeks will help the holidays seem less burdensome. Here are some things you can do to remain sane through to the New Year:
• Be sure to eat right and get enough rest.
• Take a breath and take everything in moderation
• Stick to your budget when gift buying.
• Perform random acts of kindness.
• And, remember to take time everyday to enjoy something about the season.
Show your mental health a little love this holiday season and you will have a healthier, happier holiday.
Call Sterling Health Care at 859-404-7686 to learn more about our Mental Health services.